I made a nice little archive of quotes I find amusing, inspiring, insightful, or whatever else. Maybe you'll learn something. (The first one is the best and my absolute favorite.)
- Judge not lest ye be judged.
- What kind of twisted message do we send when we tell youth they are judged mature, responsible adults when they commit murder, but silly, brainless kids when they want to vote?
-National Youth Rights Association, Voting Age
- "Israeli murderers are called commandos. Arab commandos are called terrorists."
- "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."
-John F. Kennedy
- The Lord seeth not as man seeth, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
-I Samuel 16:7
- "Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."
- "If you need some space, go outside!"
- "I learned that life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead."
- "I have always heard it is a city rife with crime and danger and murder. So far, I have not been disappointed."
-Dr. Olympia Myklos, Laura Bow 2: The Dagger of Amon Ra
- "Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors."
- "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone
- "Disclaimer: Any resemblance to actual robots would be really cool."
- "Home is a hard place to leave, even if you are unhappy there."
-Alexander, Kings Quest 6
- "There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one."
-Henry Blake, M*A*S*H
- "Here lies an atheist. All dressed up and no place to go."
-a grave in Quest for Glory 1
- "A child, like all other human beings, has inalienable rights."
- FBI: Invading your privacy for over 60 Years.
- "Don't take your love for your brother and turn it into hate. Hate causes wars and war is what killed your brother."
-Hawkeye Pierce, M*A*S*H
- "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
-Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- "The 'teenager' seems to have replaced the Communist as the appropriate target for public controversy and foreboding."
-Edgar Friedenberg, The Vanishing Adolescent
- "I will bet you, ten times out of ten, Nicky, Vinny, and Tony will beat the sh*t out of Todd and Kyle and Tucker!"
- "If 16-year-olds are old enough to drink the water polluted by the industries that you regulate, if 16-year-olds are old enough to breathe the air ruined by garbage burners that government built, if 16-year-olds are old enough to walk on the streets made unsafe by terrible drugs and crime policies, if 16-year-olds are old enough to live in poverty in the richest country in the world, if 16-year-olds are old enough to get sick in a country with the worst public health-care programs in the world, and if 16-year-olds are old enough to attend school districts that you underfund, then 16-year-olds are old enough to play a part in making them better."
-Rebecca Tilsen, 14, of Minneapolis, given as testimony to the Minnesota House subcommittee in 1991 regarding lowering the voting age.
- "If I wasn't so sure you were a lesbian, I'd say you were coming on to me."
-Peter Griffin, Family Guy
My Own Quotes
- There are two basic rules to life: "clean up your own mess" and "if you want something, get it yourself."
- The world is your oyster, so eat it.
- If you believe God tells you it is ever okay to hurt or kill anybody, for any reason, then that isn't God talking.
- Don't view life through the lens of a camera.
- If you're so eager for our country to go to war, go fight in it.
- If it happened any other way, the world would have exploded.
This page is best viewed in 800x600 resolution.